We are currently seeking a Shipping Supervisors to work from Wednesday to Saturday on 2nd shift. The shift is from Wednesday to Friday from 2:00pm to 2:00am and Saturday from 10:00am-2:00am.聽
- Leadership and supervision of shipping employees across all 3 shifts, including scheduling and time card approval.
- Ensure shipping employees perform job responsibilities correctly and safely, with a focus on scanning accuracy.
- Ensure all shipping documents are created and maintained accurately. This includes BOLs, Hold tags and associated documents.
- Perform inventory cycle counts in the Finished Goods Cooler and Packaging Warehouse. Correct and follow-up on any inventory discrepancies in these areas.
- Ownership of Finished Goods inventory, ensuring that product is shipped properly and Hold product is handled according to guidelines and disposition.
- Develop improvement plans to increase efficiency in the shipping operation.
- Maintain high standards of housekeeping and cleanliness in the Shipping and Dock areas.
- Assures Safety Policies are followed. Proactively maintain a safe work environment. Reports and investigates all accidents in a timely fashion.
- Maintain operations in compliance with SOP, GMP, FDA, and other product quality standards.
- Actively contributes to the company cost reduction and continuous improvements via team or project assignment.
- Prepares and administers performance appraisals.
- Resolves subordinates time, attendance and payroll issues with Human Resources and Payroll Dept.
- Prepares employee performance improvement plans as needed.
- AA/AS degree in Business or Manufacturing/Industrial related major; BS/BA degree is plus or education/experience combined.
- 3+ years supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in food manufacturing/packing is preferred
- Proven successful record in managing, motivating and building teams
- Ability to drive cultural change and lead by example
- Experience in process improvement is desired
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products to include: Word, Excel, Power Point, Email
- Good interpersonal and time management skills
- SAP experience a plus
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is a plus!