Tunnels Machine Operator – Blandon Farms
Tunnels Machine Operators – Operators work on compost tunnels above ground; we mix all the raw materials to make mushroom compost for the GMC Farms.
The standard work week for the tunnels is 6 days. Start time varies from 3:00 AM to 6:00 AM depending on the duties assigned; Weekly target of 48 to 52 hours. Straight time
Ability to lift 50 lbs., be able to be on your feet for long periods of time, be comfortable wearing a half face and full face respirator, must have a valid PA DL, be able to drive manual transmission vehicles.
- 聽Assist with the operation of the winches on the transfer side of the tunnel
- Assist with the operations of the filling cassette
- Assist with all operations for successful filling and transfer of compost
- Perform cleaning duties EVERYDAY to maintain sanitation in the building, winches, cassette, tractor trailers, tunnel floors, tools and machinery used
- Additional duties assigned by supervisor
Bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply!